Monday, February 25, 2013

Detroit lions draft preview s TJ McDonald


Watched film on TJ McDonald (Arizona, Cal, Stanford) and his work at the senior bowl, I think he is a good football player but I am not sure he is a fit for the Lions scheme.



Strengths he is tough in run support and good at running the ally. Has a good sense of run vs. pass and reacts accordingly. Has shown ability to match up with TE and slot WR.

Weakness I could not get a good look at his ability to play centerfield. He is not a good cover 2 safety. Playing the ball in the air is when he gets lost.

Bottom line: McDonald has the ability to be a good safety in the NFL. He needs the right scheme that allows him to be close to line of scrimmage I rate him as a 6.5 starter early in his career but I think he is a 4th round guy for the Lions.

No comments:

Post a Comment