Friday, February 8, 2013

Detroit lIons Draft Preview CB Dee Milliner


Alabam Junior CB Dee Milliner

Milliner is a solid player with good scheme versaility. He can play zone and man coverage. His ability to tackle and play on the slot is a good selling point.

I watched 4 films on Milliner (Michigan, LSU, Tennessee, Notre Dame) and his strength is in his bail technique. When he can turn and see the QB he is at his best. The further down the field he gets the less effective he is. I question his ability to track the ball deep in man coverage. He is not an elite ball skill corner.

Bottom line: Milliner will be an effective corner in the NFL. However, I do not see him as an elite cover guy. He will have his most success in zone coverage when he can see the QB. I see his value in this draft starting around 12-15. At this point in the process, I do not think Dee should be in the conversation at #5 for the Lions.

No comments:

Post a Comment