Friday, February 3, 2017

Scouting Report DE Taco Charlton


This starts the scouting reports for the 2017 NFL Draft. I will focus my reports on the front 7. I firmly believe the Lions should concentrate most of their resources on the defensive front.

46 games 94 tackles 18.5 sacks 27.5 TFL at Michigan

DE Taco Charlton Michigan

I watched three films on Taco. Wisconsin, FSU and Rutgers. I did not watch the Ohio State film because he abused their tackle so bad.

What I liked:

Tremendous burst. Looks very sudden once he disengaged from the blocker. Can close on QB and ball carriers. Can bend around the corner. Excellent hip flexibility. Good spin move.

What needs to improve.

I did not like his arms. Lacks strength in upper body. Little hand movement in the pass rush. Does have a rip. Poor get off. Needs to be more explosive off the snap.

Bottom Line:

Could be a really good pass rusher. I could see a team really falling in love with him. Probably best in a 25 snap role. Not terrible against the run but a run stopper. I think he will be on the Lions radar in the 1st round. He would upgrade there pass rush and front immediately.

Rating 6.8 Starter early in career. Pick 15-25.






No comments:

Post a Comment