Thursday, April 14, 2022

2022 Detroit Lions Draft Preview QB, RB

 



Top 15 QB Prospects


Fits for the Lions:

I really do not want the Lions to spend any draft resources on a QB. I think Ridder is the best of a bad bunch. He has improved his accuracy during his four years as starter. He has plus athletic ability and leadership. Ridder is two years away from competing for a starting spot. 

Corral is a gunslinger with the ability to make the extra play downfield. He needs a couple years to develop his pocket game but has a chance down the line to be a starter.

My dark horse is Chase Garbers from Cal. He caught my eye during the Oregon game in which he singlehandedly kept his team in the game. He showed poise and accuracy in that game. He was the MVP of NFLPA all-star game. 

Guys I like

Day # 2
Desmond Ridder
Matt Corral

Day # 3
Chase Garbers


Top 15 RB Prospects




Fits for the Lions:

I don't foresee the Lions spending early capital on a RB. Late round or UDFA is a possibility. Brad Holmes has shown he like to add running back depth. Speed backs like Strong, Goodson or Chandler would be intriguing as the can play on third down or on special teams.

Guys I like:

Day # 3
Abram Smith
Pierre Strong
Ty Chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment