Sunday, April 25, 2021

2021 Detroit Lions Mock Draft

 


This draft is what I would do if I was the General Manager of the Detroit Lions.

I used the Pro Football Focus Draft Simulator One draft no trades, One draft one trade.

Then I used the Pro Football Network one draft no trades, one draft one trade




This draft is a no trade draft. I think they are three blue chip players in this draft. Kyle Pitts, Penei Sewell, Ja'Marr Chase. All three were gone. Waddle was the highest rated player on the board. Second round I took Richie Grant an immediate starter at Safety. Jamin Davis is a steal at the top of the third. He can step in and contribute at LB. Johnson is possible starter at safety. I like Palmer in the middle rounds. He has size and some speed. Tre Brown will likely have to play slot CB and has return value.



Another no trade draft taking Slater after the big 3 were taken. Add an athlete at LB in Cox. Stokes is the fastest CB in the draft. Palmer, Johnson and Johnson fill needs in the middle rounds. Palmer can play outside to replace Kenny. Cade plays the slot. Jamar fits the Lions split safety scheme.


Here is a Mock Draft trading back with Dallas. I still pick Pitts. This is very unlikely to happen. I get Perkins as a pure speed edge rusher in round 2. Davis and Johnson in the third round. Joseph has good size and speed. I liked his Alabama game tape. Palmer and Brown in the third day. Add Marshall a strong player who can play over the guard or the tackle. Hawkins has return value and could develop into a third down back.

PFN Draft no Trade:

# 7 Kyle Pitts WR Florida
#41 DE Jaelen Phillips DE Miami
#72 WR Dyami Brown UNC
#102 LB Chazz Surratt UNC
#112 CB Ambry Thomas Michigan
#153 WR Cade Johnson SD State

Heavy on the WR position. Pitts in the first is a steal. Phillips drops because of injury concerns. Big upside as a pass rusher. Brown can play inside or outside. Surratt is a starter at LB. Thomas can play both outside and over the slot. Has return value. I really was not looking WR in the 5th but Johnson was by far the highest graded player on my board. He is a pure slot. 

PFN Trade mock

#13 Micah Parsons LB Penn State

#41 Terence Marshall WR LSU

#72 Joe Tryon DE Washington

#101 Tylan Wallace Oklahoma State

#112 Chazz Surratt LB UNC

#153 Rodarius Williams CB Oklahoma State

In this draft, I traded back with the Chargers. I get their 1st round pick in 2022. Parson would be an instant starter and chess piece for Aaron Glenn. Marshall is a replacement outside for Golladay. Tryon gives some juice off the edge. Wallace can play inside or outside at WR. Surratt is an upgrade at LB. Williams has the size but lacks great speed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment