Thursday, April 9, 2015

2015 Draft Philosophy- What the Detroit Lions should do


In the modern NFL the passing game is what matters. You need to be able to throw the ball and stop the pass. Here is how I would draft if I were the GM of the Lions:


1st Round:

I would only draft on Offense:

QB
WR
LT

Considering we already have a QB, 2 WR,  only a LT would come into play.

The Players that come into play:

OT Andrus Peat Stanford
OT DJ Humphries Florida
OT Jake Fisher Oregon

I would only draft on defense:

DL
CB

Both of the positions come into play

Players:

DT Malcolm Brown Texas
CB Byron Jones UCONN
CB Ronald Darby FSU
CB Kevin Johnson Wake Forest

Note: I took PJ Williams and Marcus Peters off my board.

Round # 2

Same Positions

My target would Xavier Cooper DT Washington State


Round #3

I would look at RB, CB or OG

Players
CB Steven Nelson Oregon State
RB Duke Johnson Miami
RB Ameer Abdullah Nebraska
RB David Johnson Northern Iowa





No comments:

Post a Comment