Sunday, February 9, 2014

Darqueze Dennard vs. Justin Gilbert


Broke down some film on top,CB prospects MSU CB Darqueze Dennard and OK State CB Justin Gilbert.

Dennard  ( Michigan, Stanford, Norte Dame, Nebraska, Minnesota)
Compact, well built player. Strong with his arms. Will get called for a lot of penalties in the NFL. Struggles playing the ball in the air. I see him as a solid CB in the NFL. I rate 6.8 at this point. Starter  in his rookie year.

Gilbert (Missouri, Texas, TCU)
Long, lean athlete. A little choppy in press man but makes up for it with a quick break. Superior ball skills. Plays the ball like a receiver. Great hands. I love this guy. It is early but this guy is high on my board. I rate him 7. Impact starter in the NFL. Could be a great return man as well.

Bonus

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (Texas A&M, Mississippi State)

Free safety for Saban. Played a lot of center field. Good man cover guy. Can run the alley in run support. However, does not bring a physical presence. Had a nightmare game vs, A&M. Evans out jumped him and he missed Johnny football in the open field twice. Showed good range but not great instinct. I rate 6.7 starter late in rookie year. I still need to do some work on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment