Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Detroit Lions Draft Preview DE Bjoern Werner


Werner is a junior from Germany

I broken down 4 films on Werner ( Va Tech, Miami, NC State, Wake) I saw a few themes in his play.

#1 He does have a good burst off the ball. He has an explosive 1st 2 steps and can get the edge against tackles.

#2 He has a very static upper body. He does not get a lot separation with his hands and lacks secondary moves on the pass rush.

#3 I question his motor. He did not finish a lot of plays. I saw him stand around a lot.

#4 I question his football awarenss. He does not make a lot of plays.

# 5 He was awful vs. Miami. He was very effective against Wake and NC State.


Bottom Line:

He is a scheme fit for the Lions. He can burst off the ball and get the edge. He does not make plays in the run game and does not cause fumbles. I do not rate him a sure fire starter in the NFL, I cannot call him an impact player in the NFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment