Sunday, August 5, 2012

Detroit Lions autograph session at Ford Field


Crazy day at Ford Field. Two years ago, it was a free for all, people running, getting stuck in the turn style. This year 180 degree turn, TSA like security. I was 10th in line and it took almost 20 minutes to get in. They took two minutes to search my 8 year old son. I had to rely on my experience at the event to get the max.

Here are the scenes

Ford Field open practice

Scene at about 3:45, gates opened at 5P

Scene at about 4p, 1 hour to go.

My son in the sun

45 minutes left to go

at Potbelly afterward

at Potbelly, rocking the Delmas Jersey

The autographed ball

Met some of the players: Titus Young, Slade Norris, Erik Coleman, Doug Hogue, Rob Sims, Keiland Williams, Willie Young, Corey Williams, Jarrett Dillard, Dwight Bentley, Jonte Green, Tahir Whitehead, Kellen Moore, Jacques McClendon, JC Oram, Stepfon Green, Walalce Miles, Ronnell Lewis, Chris Greenwood, Alex Gottlieb, Derek Dimke, RJ Archer

Tahir was real cool, he said Gunther was a great coach, as did Jonte Green. Green said Gunther setting me straight. Wallace Miles and Tahir talked some smack about hitting in practice.

Titus, Rob Sims, and WIllie Young all loved my son's hat. A hit every year.

The hour and half wait and slow checkpoint almost makes this not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment